Saturday, September 20, 2014

Mr Darcy's soaking shirt left my wife cold, says Colin Firth: Actor says he never understood what all the fuss was about

MAIL ON LINE
By LAURA COX FOR THE DAILY MAIL
PUBLISHED: 18:53 EST, 31 August 2014 | UPDATED: 05:52 EST, 1 September 2014

Dampened the mood? Colin Firth claims his wife Livia did not go wild for his famous scene in Pride & Prejudice

It is an image few women will forget in a hurry – Colin Firth and his wet shirt as Mr Darcy in Pride and Prejudice.

But the actor, 53, has admitted his wife was left cold by the sight of him in his ‘sodden shirt’ and breeches.

Giving an interview Firth claimed neither he nor and Livia, 44, whom he married in 1997, understood what all the fuss was about the famous ‘wet shirt’ scene.


Their adolescent sons Luca, 13, and Matteo, 11, will likely be equally unimpressed to see their father emerge from the pond, his white shirt clinging to his chest.

Reacting to the hype, Firth, said: ‘I’ve spent years trying to figure out why Mr Darcy’s fully clothed swim in his breeches and shirt caused such a sensation.

'My wife certainly wouldn't go weak at the knees if I came home in a sodden shirt.’


It would seem plenty of others would, however. The appearance as Mr Darcy has led to the actor featuring on several ‘sexiest man’ lists in recent years.

And People Magazine named him the ‘sexiest man alive’ in 2007.

But Firth said he doesn’t think of himself as a sex symbol. He told the Sun on Sunday’s Notebook magazine: ‘All I can say is that I’m glad people feel that way, but I don’t feel it when I look in the mirror. I don’t get chased down the street, nor has anyone ever thrown their underwear at me. 

'I’ve certainly never seen myself as a sex symbol.’



READ MORE HERE: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2739397/Mr-Darcy-s-soaking-shirt-left-wife-cold-says-Colin-Firth-Actor-says-never-understood-fuss-about.html

No comments: